This week we’re back to the guest mixes and this time featuring the Beat Tempest!
I’ve been really digging his stuff recently with his ability to blur the lines between tech-funk and techno. Plus tracks from his new label C Clone Records have been regular features on the show. This mix showcases his more tech house and techno vibes with some damn chunky deepness – awesome stuff.
Beat Tempest is a french dj/producer based in nantes,member of lot49 and manager of his label CClone Records. Lulled by rock and roll, blues, he is interested very early by electronic music with titles and artists such as « jumping to the party » by space master, « got to get it » by culture beat and the best « rock to the beat » by Kevin Saunderson. He finds in this music a great spirit of freedom.
At the end of the nineties he follows the techno movement and he discovers a real passion and he start djing on club and free party in the east of france, his native area.pounding grooves, terminal rec., clr rec., hydraulix were some of his favourite labels. Autodidact and always with the desire to progress he realizes that djing wasn’t enough any more. Guess what, next step he creates and plays his own music. He then move with a basic live set like sequencer, drum machine, synthesizer and back on the road.
After various projects and aliases, Beat Tempest was born and decides to live at most his passion.he produce and play breakbeat, techno, techfunk sometimes hypnotic, sometimes punchy with electro touch but always perfect for heating the dance floor.
In 2013 he created his label cclone records for complete his project and start to release great artists like, loïs plugged, a.b.s, fzl rotating, caveman … This label has no predefined style, sometimes techno,breabeat or similar, the spirit is undergroud, groovy and electric. But in 2014, he made a big step and he joined one of biggest label of bass music, Lot49,for which he has already produced remixes and ep.
Today regularly in the top100 and supported by many great artists, he is respected dj and producer, he release tracks and remix for differents great label like, v.i.m records, break sk, kindcrime and more …. But he don’t stop here and he want to continue to go further on his project, expand collaborations, play in other countries. To conclude stay tuned, this is just the beginning of a great electronic story.
Big mix from Beat Tempest – proper journey from the funky to the banging – respect! my mix was deep and chunky, mixing up the breaks and the techno – enjoy!
01. Kraymon – Cashmere Jumper [Sound Of Habib]
02. HVOB – Azrael [Stil Vor Talent]
03. Pole Folder – Indigo [Reworck]
04. PMT – Afro Lava Lamp (Zulu Dawn Mix) [10 Kilo]
05. Audioflakes, Stereoteric – Enough (Samotarev Remix) [Green Snake Records]
06. Hollen – Retina [Recovery Tech]
07. Oscar L, Alberto Ruiz – Fudge Monster [ELEVATE]
08. Leftfield – Universal Everything [Alternative Light Source]
09. Royksopp – Sordid Affair (Maceo Plex Mix) [Dog Triumph]
10. Oscar Aguilera, Alberto Ruiz – VCA [ELEVATE]
11. Miss Kittin, Dubfire – Exit [SCI+TEC]
12. Lois Plugged & Mockoff – Freak [C Clone Records]
13. Synergia Corpo feat. Noxdream Voice – Jupiter [Welcome Music]
Guest Mix: Beat Tempest
01. In Da House – Dj Sneak, Rva Starr
02. Boogaloo – Cajual & Relief Compilation V
03. After Dark (is when me move) – Gene Farris, Riva Starr
04. Chiken Fight – David Keno
05. Moudness – Miguel Bastida
06. Cracks Feat Cari Golden – Simone Vitullo, Cari Golden
07. Beautiful Place – Kiko, Olivier Giacomotto
08. It’s all the shame – Joeski Remix
09. Ete Indien – Nicolas Duvoisin, Ben Larsen
10. You want me back – Barbara Tucker
11. You want me back – Paolo Madzon Remix
12. Beat Pirates – Chus & Ceballos
13. Access – Dj Misjah, Dj Tim
14. Friction – Maelstrom, LOUISAHHH!!!
15. Love Sensation – Tom Hades, Kostas Maskalides
16. Ironing Man – Mark Knight